Monday, April 9, 2018

Prayer is a REAL blessing!


Hey hey hey how's it going friends and fam? 

I have been crazy busy and I love it! The views of Palos Verdes will be missed but the work in my new area will be great! I got to this area and there were 30 new investigators waiting for me! This is a really fun area to say the least. It's closer to what I was predicting a mission in LA would be like before I came out. Lots of work! With all these investigators and with all the new assignments that come with being a district leader it has been one busy week! The area is really cool too. We live just east of LAX so there are always huge airplanes flying right over our heads! It's been a lot of fun to watch! 

Last P day was my bucket list day. We went around and did all the things I was wanting to do in Palos Verdes before it becomes the Long Beach mission! One of the things I was wanting to do was play basketball at the Korean bell. There is a really cool court there that I was dying to play at. So we did all that then I packed up and headed out to my new area! 


Elder Lam, my new companion, is so awesome! He's been a member for three years and has a really cool conversion story. While he was living in Hong Kong life was really crazy and stressful for him. He didn't really have any religious background but he said a little prayer asking for help to find his way in life. He then went outside and went on a walk to go get some food. While he was walking it started raining so he went inside an arcade because he forgot his umbrella. Inside the arcade there were two missionaries! He said the second he saw them he knew they were the answer to his prayer. He went up to them and started talking to them and they eventually taught him and he was Baptized! How cool is that! 


We've had a couple of other really cool experiences with prayer this week too! Last night we had a lesson in an area where we had to park pretty far away then walk to the lesson. It was dark and it isn't the most pedestrian safe area. Before we left for the lesson we said a prayer asking to be kept safe as we walked to our lesson. We got there all good and then when we were heading back to the car we were crossing a street at a crosswalk and a car came down the road and didn't see us and slammed on their brakes right before hitting us! We definitely felt protected and made it home safe! With that and with all the prayers I've said that have been answered this week with being district leader I feel like prayer is a REAL blessing!  

Being a district leader is super awesome! I'm loving it already. This week was really fun and I'm excited for this new area! Have a great week! 

-Elder Burgon 

The inside of a missionary apartment...
round 3!